The Miami Regional Airport is located northwest area of Miami, OK., on approximately 300 acres. We are hoping to see the Airport become an aeronautical development. Opening ( link ) in 1938, the airport soon became an intricate part of Miami's development. In 1941, Spartan School of Aeronautics opened a school in Miami, training British Flyers, preparing them to fight the War in Europe. The primary training was in the PT-19. The cadets later graduated to the BT-13 and the T-6 which became the basic trainer. The T-6 aircraft ( link ) is depicted in a painting by one of the cadets which hangs in the lobby of the airport. That same picture was later painted on the wall of the lobby, by Miami artist, Jessica Stout. Fifteen of the cadets became casualties of the training and are buried at G.A.R. Cemetery. Each year, Miami has a dedication ceremony ( link ) in honor of the fallen British flyers. In November of 1942, RAF training ended at Miami and the airfield became a primary (Stage 1) pilot training airfield assigned to AAF Flying Training Command, Gulf Coast Training Center (later Central Flying Training Command). The Civil instructors were retained under USAAF control. For a short time starting in 1952 it had scheduled flights - Ozark DC-3 fleets. Currently, the airport has 28 hangers to rent as well as a jet pad. We have an asphalt runway designated 17/35 that is 5,020 feet' long and 100 feet wide. The load capacity is 22,000 lbs. single axle and 44,000 lbs. double axle. We can accommodate a variety of larger aircraft ( link ).